WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines is designed for beginners who aim to develop an expertise in wine. After three days of training, you will be able to work in the wine sector. This program is also intended for people who wish to undertake a professional reconversion.
What you will learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
How do the classes work?
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours* of study time:
- 16 hours of instruction with a certified educator
- 11 hours of personal study and revision
- A 1-hour examination
A one-hour closed-book examination comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions.
To graduate, you will have to answer 55% of the questions correctly and you will receive a WSET 2 certificate by post.
For English language programs, you can also opt for Computer-Based Exams with Remote Invigilation.
What is a Computer-Based Exam with Remote Invigilation? Here the full brief, and FAQ.
For more information contact us at email@example.com
For full program details and requirements, please download the Course Specification (available in Turkish and English Language)
For registration and further details contact us firstname.lastname@example.org