NEW COURSE OPENING
1, 8, 15, 22, 27 October / 5 November 18:30 – 20:30
6 Online Theory sessions
1 In-person Tasting session
Tasting in Person: 7 November 09:30 – 13:30 Istanbul
Exam: 7 November 15:00 2020* Istanbul
*dates are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation
Register via firstname.lastname@example.org
WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines is designed for beginners who aim to develop an expertise in wine. After three days of training, you will be able to work in the wine sector. This program is also intended for people who wish to undertake a professional reconversion.
What you will learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
How do WSET® Level 2 classes work?
The WSET® 3 includes 16 hours of studies online with a certified trainer and a minimum requirement of 28 hours of self-study time.
Study material will be given to you upon registration, to get you prepared for your course. The material contains the essential points covered during the training, as well as tasting grids and self-assessment exercises.
A one-hour closed-book examination comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions.
To graduate, you will have to answer 55% of the questions correctly and you will receive a WSET 2 certificate by post.
For more information contact us at email@example.com
For full details on the course requirements, please download the Course Specification (Turkish Language)